The purpose is to establish the procedures for the use of ozone in agriculture, seeking to limit the growth of pathogenic microorganisms, increasing the solubility of irrigation water and its disinfection capacity. These procedures can be applied individually or combined.
The implantation of these systems allows to obtain an important increase in the quality and production of the agricultural lands through the use of a technology with a profound respect to the environment, faultless, and at the same time clean and sustainable without producing any kind of waste.
The correction of the mineral content of water by ozone is due to its oxidation power, being the main elements that normally oxidizes Iron and Manganese, and compounds such as: Urea, Ammonia, Nitrites, Cyanides and Phenols.
Ozone can be used regardless of the phenological stage of the plantation.
Using ozone in the irrigation water keeps the pipes and drippers clean by eliminating the layer of biofilm that adheres to them and eliminating the use of acids and other products used for cleaning them.
In addition, it allows to obtain:
- A better product which is greater in weight and volume.
- More homogeneous products with better presence.
- More vigorous and healthier plants protected from infection.
- Better conservation of the product once collected.
- Greater production in less time, fruits can be collected earlier.
- Savings of additives (fertilizers, insecticides, etc.).